Summary Plans, coordinates, and implements organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties. Responsible for deployment of the training program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Plans, implements, evaluates, and supports the training needs for the plant. Responsible to maintain the training program for the plant in accordance with our training procedures.
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintains safety files and records and supports the maintenance of plant training records.