Our multi-billion-dollar, Mid-Atlantic-based, growth-focused client has generated double-digit sales increases and record net income gains over the past three years. They pride themselves on their family atmosphere, deliberate and nimble business approach, and an enviable balance sheet that reflects no long-term debt. This SVP Supply Chain role offers a unique and exciting career opportunity and a "seat at the table" for a Company that is considered best-in-class in their business segment.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be the key leader in defining, modernizing, building consensus, and advancing the company’s strategic supply chain and logistics strategies. Compensation includes executive level/market competitive base salary, 50% target bonus (company achieved maximum bonus LY), Long term Incentive Plan (Cash), Company Car, executive benefits and a thorough and complete relocation package.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute the company’s supply chain strategic plan in accordance with the company’s overall business strategy.
- Oversees Distribution Center operations, providing guidance to ensure successful accomplishment of key objectives established to maximize efficiencies, productivity, service levels and profitability.
- Provide strategic guidance to executive management as to how best to optimize and perfect the supply chain processes for the Company.
- Responsible for the formulation and adherence to the compensation, operating and capital budgets for the supply chain function.
- Manage cost drivers and implement controls to execute a budget for supply chain, distribution centers, and transportation, and inventory management planning
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including Operations, Merchandising, Finance HR and Risk Management.
- Develop and deploy the appropriate processes and procedures to drive innovation and continuous improvement in supply chain capabilities; institutionalize organizational learning and best practices
- Ensure the supply chain and distribution teams operate in accordance with all company policies, security controls, safety guidelines, and all regulatory mandates (i.e. OSHA, etc.)
- Evaluate talent and continue to build the supply chain, logistics and distribution teams at all levels. Assess current organizational structure and develop staffing plans to support the business demands. Serve as a coach and mentor to employees, giving them career broadening opportunities.
The SVP of Supply Chain and Logistics will oversee a department of over 1,000 associates and have the following direct and indirect reports:
- VP Distribution
- Director, Procurement
- Director, Managed Transportation
- Director, Transportation
- Director, Distribution Services
- Inbound Logistics Manager
- Grocery Manager (DC)
- Fresh Manager (DC)
- Department Manager (DC)
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 15 years of related procurement, logistics, inventory management, warehousing and distribution experience in a publicly traded company, preferable retail grocery, with a minimum of 5 years in an executive position.
- Expert in domestic supply chain, logistics and distribution strategies, processes, and functions needed to support company growth.
- Proven track record of driving financial results and is regarded as a dynamic leader and change enabler.
- Superior analytical skills and can evaluate numbers and situations for their strategic significance; able to conceptualize and analyze both problems and solutions, identifying key metrics that will help the entire organization improve performance.
- High level of comfort with supply chain and distribution information systems, distribution channels and point-of-sale systems.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business partnerships with executive leadership.
- Strong communicator and negotiator, capable of extending influence beyond supply chain and distribution topics.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work with many cross-functional internal and external business partners.
- Collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically while maintaining a results-driven approach.
- Demonstrated experience benchmarking and implementing “best-in-class” strategies, processes and programs.
- Top Tier Intelligence: Superior cognitive ability; able to simplify complex situations; make sound judgments; research and analyze various types of data.
- Strategic Thinker: “Thought Leader”. Big picture thinker who anticipates future trends and consequences and creates competitive strategies and plans. Values innovation. Effectively blends creative competence with excellence. Not rigidly tied to one approach or philosophy.
- Drives Organizational Capacity: World-class leadership skills. Proven capability to direct and motivate a fast-paced team. Ability to establish incredibly high standards for themselves and staff and the courage to address lack-luster performers. Makes recommendations to resolve problems and issues. Ceaseless campaigner for improvement. Focus on culture-building. Motivated and capable of articulating a vision. Demonstrates empowerment and effective resource management.
- Ability to Create Followers: Engenders trust. Able to establish personal credibility quickly. Concerned for personal and professional development of others. Demonstrates real empathy with the success and failure of others. Track record of working with others across situations. Encourages staff to bring real self to work. Understands the importance of frequent and effective communication.
- Business Savvy: Knows how to maneuver through the organization to get things done. Builds effective relationships with critical decision makers and others in the organization.
- Strong Business Results Orientation: Passion for the business and an intense drive to understand the goals, financial targets, deliverables and challenges the business faces to deliver results. Demonstrates a sense of urgency to overcome obstacles and achieve measurable results. Resourceful and driven. Willing to get hands dirty and personally drive projects and timelines.
- Self Confidence: Willing to take educated, fact-based risks. Courageous and comfortable advocating unpopular positions. Balances confidence with demonstrated openness to others’ ideas and gives credit where it is due.
- Superior Interpersonal Skills/Team Orientation: Ability to interact easily with all levels within the organization; tactful; mature; flexible. High level of collaboration and influencing skills. Strong planning, organizing, delegating and decision-making abilities.
- Superior Communication Skills: Written, verbal and presentation. Understands importance of frequent and effective communication. Understands audiences’ needs and desires and can respond well on their feet.
- Character: Does the right thing. Highly professional and ethical with unquestioned integrity.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is required.