This is a unique opportunity to be a key part of the overall company transformation from department store to an off-price business model, enabling you to implement, influence and roll-out the strategic changes needed to support this endeavor.
SVP STORES JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: EVP Stores
In this highly visible and influential role, you will report to the EVP Stores, manage 4 direct reports, and a total team of 10K for over 700 stores in 40 states.
- Lead the team of Regional Managers who are directly responsible for developing and guiding District Managers.
- Implement the company’s strategic plan to convert department stores into off-price stores. Areas of focus include but are not limited to – sales, performance goals, store processes, staffing & productivity, floor plans, training/development, and all related change management.
- Interact with all levels of management (EVPs, SVPs, Regional Managers, District Managers, and stores) and build consensus around all tactical plans and key initiatives.
- Identify industry best practices, strategic business opportunities, and challenges to help guide a profitable strategy that aligns and supports the overall growth strategy for stores.
- Drive the execution of increasing the company’s private label credit card program performance through customer acquisition, retention, experience, and tender penetration.
- Leverage and drive results through cross-functional partnerships with key division stakeholders in Merchandising, Marketing, and Supply Chain to influence and incorporate true off-price model processes into daily practice.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a multi-unit retailer, including 7 years as a senior management leader and 7 years of off-price retail experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff (remotely) to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent time-management, project management, and organizational skills.
- An encouraging and resourceful leader capable of demonstrating strong communication with excellent written, presentation, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and prioritize workload to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with data-driven analytics, metrics, and KPIs to measure and drive results.
- Proven track record in the off-price retail industry.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or related field or 15+ years of experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions: Ability to travel frequently, up to 75%