PRIMARY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Residential Lending Operations is responsible for active management of a broad pipeline of mortgage loans to ensure loans are processed timely and efficiently and that bank service levels are met or exceeded. The Director of Residential Lending Operations must establish and implement a set of clear metrics to track the pull-through ratios; turn times; productivity by role and product; error rates; and quality service standards.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Residential lock desk, system configurations, and processing, closing, and post-closing departments.
- Manage the quality control process for both pre-closing and post-closing QC to ensure that timely responses are provided. Review findings with management and update QC procedure and processes as necessary.
- Responsible for reviewing all aspects of mortgage loan applications. Ensures all required processes have been followed to meet the bank's loan policy, compliance, and or secondary market guidelines.
- Assist in the development of SLA's (Service Level Agreements). Implement, track and ensure adherence.
- Work with loan processing and origination staff on any discrepancies or problems, ensuring that proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain a constant working knowledge of Secondary Market Underwriting and Product guidelines as appropriate to investors that the bank sells loans to.
- Manage residential loan pipelines to ensure loan closings are scheduled appropriately.
- Responsible for achieving satisfactory reviews from internal Audit/ Loan documentation reviews as well as being in compliance with established bank policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development of new workflow processes, procedures and best practices.
- Manage the roll out and configuration of new lending products in accordance with bank standards.
- Responsible for hiring, training and developing loan operations staff to include completing staff performance evaluations and development plans as necessary.
- Implements and maintains loan operation policies and procedures to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and internal compliance requirements. Ensure systems comply with established business, audit and regulatory needs.
- Performs some loan systems administrator duties including approved customization of application configuration, maintaining controls, revising forms and reviewing system updates. Ensure that the bank fully utilizes all features and functions in all loan applications and systems.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATIONAL and/or EXPERIENCE including
- Bachelor's degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years managing multifunctional groups within a lending production environment.
- Working knowledge of lending operating technology, regulatory compliance rules related to all aspects of lending, and risk assessment strategies.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of mortgage, commercial, and consumer lending products.
- Experience in developing and promoting teamwork in a high energy environment.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally and effectively with all staff, members, the Senior Management Team, vendors, and government regulators.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strategic Thinking - Demonstrated ability to analyze the bank's competitive position.
- Influencing Others - The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Initiative - Actively takes charge to influence events by generating ideas for improvement, taking advantage of opportunities and suggesting innovations.
Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Stress Tolerance - Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis. Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance and professionalism.