Sr MicroStrategy BI Developer
Lewisville / Dallas FT Worth
Direct Hire Full Time Role
The Lead Business Intelligence (BI) Developer works collaboratively with end users to develop reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making. The BI Developer uses warehouse data to solve organizational problems through reports, analysis and data visualization. The BI Developer will provide enterprise wide data warehouse expertise with emphasis on data design, documentation, access, usage, security and quality of information assets. The BI Developer will work in support of all operations and users requiring data for decision support.
Academic Background / Experience Requirements:
- MicroStrategy platform experience inclusive of Dossiers, Visual Insights and Mobile app development
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of SQL and data warehousing concepts
- Strong SQL scripting abilities and understanding of complex stored procedures, views, data aggregation/manipulation through table joins/queries, database design, normalization and de-normalization techniques
- Ability to use presentation, word processing, and database or spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of BI areas including ETL design, analytics and reporting
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, clearly and accurately communicating complex and/or technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Self-motivated; able to work within a project based environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years in business intelligence and data warehousing environments
- Data Modeling BI and Data Warehousing solutions
- Performs technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem solving for custom built data warehousing solutions
- Assists in implementing effective business analytics practices that drive improved decision making, efficiency and performance
- Communicate with nontechnical business users to determine specific business requirements for reports and business intelligence solutions
- Communicates regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and optimized performance at the application and database level
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves data quality and data reconciliation issues
- Participates in and supports all planning and problem resolution
- Performs independent audits and reviews and validates databases to ensure data integrity
- Develops and enforces standards and procedures for the storage and retrieval of institutional data
- Works collaboratively with technical staff and reporting officials to resolve data discrepancies and/or to clarify reporting procedures
- Maintains an accurate and comprehensive inventory of data, data systems, and data storage
- Processes data extracts using data retrieval and management tools
- Builds effective partnerships with coworkers throughout the organization by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed
- Assists with other duties as assigned
- Protects confidential information
Please Note that our client is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Therefore interested applicants must be permanent US residents.
No Third Parties at this time.
Interested or know anyone who may be qualified?
Attach a fresh resume and salary requirements.
Will pay referral fee for all placed candidates.
Feel free to contact us at 972-239-6055