- Analyzes, designs and plans MS-SQL Databases required for various applications that form a part of integrated software solutions used in local, networked, Internet-related or cloud based application suites. Work with data models and vastly varying sizes of Databases.
- Works with solution engineering and development teams in understanding the nature and size of the Database application.
- Sizes, plans, configures and tunes the necessary storage requirements and the databases.
- Designs, optimizes and configures databases for maximum performance and troubleshoots and fixes performance related issues.
- Configures, installs and maintains various Development and Test Database instances.
- Downloads, applies and tests MS-SQL software patches and recommends necessary Upgrades.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and works with vendors to create SRs, follows up to get the necessary patches for issues.
- Designs and develops bulk data migration tools using SSIS.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
20% Installation, Configuration, Administration.
20% Scripts Preparation, Verification and Installation testing.
20% Performance Turning and troubhleshooting.
20% Development of maintenance scripts and jobs.
10% Documentation, training and support.
10% Requirement capture and analysis.
Required experience :
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Database design, setup, configuration and administration/maintenance.
- “Hands on support” for mission critical MS-SQL databases in production.
- Proficiency in MS-SQL Databases maintenance, patching, upgrades.
- Proven experience in performance tuning large scale enterprise database applications with high transactional volume.
- In-depth knowledge of various DB health monitoring utilities.
- Experience in scheduling DB statistics collection jobs to review and analyze performance proactively.
- Experience in Database backup and restore.
- Experience working in Production Environments, handling downtimes to apply patches.
- Experience with multiple Operating Systems (Linux, Windows).
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Perl.
- Experience in developing and scheduling various data cleansing and metrics collection jobs.
- Strong technical documentation ability
- Strong verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based development projects
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL programming.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server for release management and defect tracking.
- Experience with SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Toad and/or other Oracle application tools.
MS-SQL DBA Certification is a plus.