SOX REPORTING ANALYST
SOX REPORTING ANALYST
- Evaluate business control efficiencies and perform root cause analysis to determine appropriate corrective management actions. Monitoring management's remediation efforts, including review of supporting evidence to ensure corrective action taken
- Monitor the accounting operations to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Lead end to end walkthroughs in the Organization´s finance activities to identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities.
- Execute and complete testing of the design and operating effectiveness of SOX Finance and IT controls, including entity and process level controls in order to guarantee compliance with all regulations
- Propose improvements to SOX documentation and work papers (i.e. work with process owners to refine risk control matrix, improve process flows, refine / develop test procedures, propose control language and associated risks, etc.) to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Assist in the evaluation of new business processes, policies and systems to determine relevance to and impact on the SOX program, including assessing design of controls based on identified risks.
- Implement internal controls, and establish an internal monitoring scheduling to audit the company’s compliance with them. Additionally, interact with external auditors as needed.
- Follow up with leaders the remediation of deficiencies found in audit results to ensure the timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Serve as a key contact for business process owners, explaining the SOX audit process and scope, and effectively delivering SOX test results to all levels of management.
- Provide guidance to control and process owners to ensure a thorough understanding of the SOX and ERM programs, controls design, testing requirements and the impact of testing results in their operational areas.
- Gaining an understanding of the business operations and the underlying internal control environment
Bachelor´s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business.
Technical knowledge and certifications
- Experience in Internal Audit, SOX and ERM, as well as auditing standards, PCAOB, and SOX requirements.
- CPA/CIA certification desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years experience in Big 4/Large Regional Accounting firm
Click here to apply online