We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to coach and coordinate our development teams.
Agile thinking is at the core of our daily operations.
We are always looking for ways to improve these practices to become a better team delivering great products.
An ideal candidate is a person who loves to see team members become the best that they can be. They enjoy applying agile methodologies within teams to help create self-organising high-performance teams.
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g., from customers or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as the definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Scrum Master certification is a plus
Salary: R80 000 per month
Based in Stellebosch
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201994 subject heading or email body.
Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply.
Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .