SBWD Specialist - $52,000/annually
The State of Arizona is looking for a SBWD Specialist with knowledge of Federal and state Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)/Small Business laws, rules, policies, and regulations and small business development programs. Effective community outreach strategies. Cultural diversity, DBE/Small Business or other related government programs. Project development, delivery, and project management practices.
Essential functions of all State positions include: regular and predictable attendance, adherence to State of Arizona and other applicable Standards of Conduct, and all agency specific policies, procedures, and/or practices. Possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license is required. This position may require driving to various program outreach events and construction job sites within the state.
- Planning; organization; research and grant writing skills; facilitation of meetings/groups; developing policies, procedures, and templates; developing training presentations; oral, written, and interpersonal communications; customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills, planning and organization.
- Preferred Knowledge of Adobe and Google Suite applications.
- Communicate effectively in meetings, facilitating working groups and working well with stakeholder groups; meets deadlines and manages multiple priorities; Collect Data and provide reports.
- Determine process changes, develop standard operating procedures, and conduct outreach.
- Initiate and develop community partnerships with workforce development organizations.
- Ability to research, develop, implement, and monitor federally mandated programs in coordination with multiple external partners and agencies statewide.
- A Bachelor's degree or its equivalence in business administration or related area, or an additional 1 year of project management experience for every year of education.
- Knowledge of federal and local government On the Job Training (OJT) and workforce programs.
- Ability to communicate verbally with internal and external customers and stakeholders, facilitate training, problem solve, develop programs, compile data and reports, and develop procedures and forms.
- Ability to research, develop, implement and monitor a federally mandated program in coordination with multiple external partners and agencies statewide.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org