BCTG’s direct CPG client is looking for a WM/MM consultant to support a new manufacturing plant and warehouse build. WM is currently live in 1 warehouse using a “lean” approach. This role will require the consultant to evaluate the current approach and recommend to design and build of the new plant/warehouse. The successful candidate will have experience in performing SAP business processes design, configuration, and testing within the context of both project. This role uses analytical skills, business knowledge, and SAP solution expertise to effectively integrate SAP technology into the business environment in order to achieve business goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Expert knowledge in Warehouse Management and Lean WM, including putaway/picking strategies, posting changes, planning/monitoring, wave picking, transfer orders, replenishment, etc.
- Experienced in Inventory Management strategies.
- Knowledge of quality management including inspections lots and usage decision strategies.
- Experienced in testing interfaces including CIF, RFC’s, and custom interfaces.
- Debug SAP code to troubleshoot issues.
- Designs, configures and tests in various SAP WM and MM modules.
- Analyzes the current business processes and scenarios and recommends/develops solutions to meet business needs.
- Carries out complex assignments requiring development of new or improved procedures.
- Provides detailed knowledge of industry best practices, SAP Activate (preferred) Methodology, principles, concepts and techniques.
- Manipulates systems (SAP) with configuration and coding tools in order to support new user needs.
- Work with technical resources to construct custom functionality and/or reports within core ECC or BW.
- Educates and trains users on why and how processes and transactions are conducted.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work with global team/end-users.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
- 7+ years’ hands on experience implementing and supporting SAP ECC 6.0 WM or EWM for multinational companies.
- Some SAP ABAP Development and debugging experience.
- Strong in-depth experience with Materials Management, Logistics Execution, EDI/IDOC, Warehouse Management, Shipping/Transportation and System Integration within SAP.
- End to End process knowledge and integration points with FI and SD needed.
- Ability to address short-term tactical requirements without losing site of the longer-range strategic direction.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Bachelor’s Degree or Industry certification from SAP or related business area.