Do you want to be part of one of the most dynamic and wide ranging SAP S/4HANA implementations in a manufacturing environment? At Magellan Aerospace we have launched a fast paced, digital led transformation of our manufacturing business, driven by a greenfield SAP S/4HANA complete digital core implementation and we are seeking a technical lead to support and maintain our SAP environment.
Magellan Aerospace is currently implementing SAP’s FTM, PTP, DTS, OTC and EWM modules so candidates with exposure to these will be advantageous. We expect to rapidly follow SAP’s release cycle to continue to exploit new innovations. Future phases will extend the footprint to include Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Machine Integration (MII).
As we ramp up our internal technical team, we seek someone who can take the lead with the technical requirements of our S/4HANA environment.
In this role, you will collaborate with SAP functional, development and architecture teams, as well as other key business resources, in providing technical solutions to achieve defined business goals.
The candidate must have experience functioning as an SAP Basis lead with focus on a multi-tier, on premise S/4HANA installation in a secure environment
• Architect and implement day-to-day SAP basis administration activities in a complex multi-tier SAP landscape
• Patching, system upgrades (including technical implementation of enhancement packs), migrations and installations
• Working to strict SLAs to support a global SAP environment
• Work closely with both an internal and third party IT infrastructure teams
• Provide troubleshooting and oversight of complex SAP technical issues
• Preparing and supporting SAP client software (e.g. SAP GUI, Fiori Launchpad, Analysis for Office)
• Create and maintain effective relationships with partner organisations where required
• Oversight of SAP Security and ABAP role authorisations and maintenance
• Adherence to SAP Transport and Release Management processes
• Performance tuning the environment to ensure systems are optimised, reliable and running efficiently in a secure environment
• Provide operational and project support keeping focus on meeting project milestones
• Be accountable for the support and proactive monitoring of the core SAP applications including installation, performance, break fixes and change requests per business requirements
• Ensures that changes to SAP are delivered in line with business standards and do not cause any detrimental impact to systems
• Provide weekly status reports to the project sponsors
• Keep pace with the evolving S/4HANA roadmap to adapt and exploit new capabilities
• Experience in the administration of a multi-tier, global on premise S/4HANA implementation
• Excellent knowledge and experience in SAP Basis as well as a comprehensive understanding of SAP Netweaver, SAP security and SAP architecture
• Extensive experience in installations, system copies, system refresh, integrations, upgrades and support of all SAP systems
• Experience working with both internal and third party teams to deliver complex solutions
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Linux
• Experience of the installation and configuration of Solution Manager
• Bachelor's Degree in I.T, Computers or related field
• 4+ Years SAP technical experience working to industry standards and best practices
• Experience in at least 1 full SAP S/4HANA implementation project
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Good interpersonal skills liaising with internal and external contacts
• Team Player – able to collaborate with colleagues, and have a strong desire to excel.
• Able to Multi-task and work under tight deadlines
• Adaptable personality and an effective and creative approach to problem solving
• Ability to convey complex technical terms to non-technical users
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!