Our client is currently seeking an SAP Sales and Distribution (SD)/Quote-to-Cash Lead to join their in-house ERP project team in a contract-to-hire position. You will be responsible for leading the Quote-to-Cash workstream in the SAP S/4 HANA deployment and implementations across all business units. Based in Hunt Valley, MD, this role will work alongside a consulting partner counterpart and interface directly with business users as their representative and advocate in the implementation and use of SAP.
The transformation project will replace an array of 30-year old systems and will require a rich understanding of transitioning complex legacy environments to a modern enterprise infrastructure and applications landscape. The team will be implementing core SAP functionality for Finance (Record-to-Report), Order Management (Quote-to-Cash), Manufacturing (Light Manufacturing and Assembly) and Procurement (Plan-to-Pay). Post Go-Live this role will be responsible for driving projects related to optimizing the client's landscape around the SAP solution suite.
- Multiple Full-Lifecycle Implementations of SAP ERP – at least 1 HANA S/4 Implementation preferred.
- Managing a project with blended resourcing – Internal Employees, Independent Contractors, and 3rd Party Consulting.
- Hands-On Configuration experience delivering business process solutions within the SAP delivered framework.
- Ability to lead a team of internal and external resources to deliver effective Business Process Solutions within in the Standard SAP Framework
- Training Internal IT resources to help implement and support SAP post-go-live.
- Ability to clearly document and present Business Processes and SAP Configuration to meet those Business Process Requirements.
- Consumer Products, Manufacturing, or Wholesale Distribution experience is highly-preferred with Wholesale Distribution being the most preferred.
- Exposure to interfacing SAP with multiple 3rd Party Systems for Master Data, Transactional and Reporting purposes.
- Ability to lead Master Data conversion efforts for the Area of Responsibility
- Knowledge of all cross-functional integration points and interdependencies with the other Value Streams
- Configuration of objects within the Quote-to-Cash Value Stream (such as Sales Orders, Outbound Deliveries, Invoices) and supporting configuration (Pricing, Output Determination, Route Determination, Available-to-Promise, etc.).
- Knowledge of Length-Based Products, Product Allocations for Short Supply, and 3rd Party Sales Order Processing are highly preferred.
- Interfaces with Warehouse Management, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and EDI are preferred
Required Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in design and configuration in SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) and Logistics Execution (LE) with strong knowledge of integration points between Materials Management, Logistics and Finance
- In-depth knowledge of EDI, IDocs, Workflow and ability to troubleshoot and analyze issues
- Experience working with SAP output and forms (printing or sending via EDI, email, fax) for sales orders, deliveries, shipments and billing documents (i.e. Order Confirmation, BOL, Certificate of Analysis, Invoice)
- Full life-cycle SAP SD implementation experience from system design to post go-live support
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience in an SAP production support environment preferred
- SAP ABAP coding experience or ability to read and understand custom ABAP code preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks without direct supervision
- Ability to lead and train other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate with business users, stakeholders, technical teams, and various levels of management
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including the ability to prioritize
- Able to organize time and resources effectively to achieve goals (i.e., organizational skills)
- Able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels
- Able to demonstrate strong customer service orientation
- Must be flexible with work schedules and available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice
- Strong work ethic with ability and willingness to do ‘what it takes’
- On-call availability
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English