At Magellan Aerospace we have launched a digital led transformation of our manufacturing business, enabled by a greenfield SAP S/4HANA complete digital core implementation. We are seeking an experienced ERP Project Manager to lead the internal SAP Centre of Excellence team. Magellan Aerospace is currently implementing SAP’s FTM, PTP, DTS and OTC end-to-end processes so candidates with exposure to these will be advantageous. We expect to rapidly follow SAP’s release cycle to continue to exploit new innovations. Future phases will extend the footprint to potentially include SAC, PEO, PMMO, EWM, PLM and MII.
This key role will report to the SAP Program Director and will lead the SAP implementation team to deliver SAP S/4HANA across our global manufacturing Divisions. As the successful candidate, you will collaborate with SAP functional, technical, development and architecture specialists, as well as other key business resources.
The successful candidate in this position will bring proven experience of IT/ERP Project Management, knowledge in SAP (preferably S/4 HANA), and previous work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- On-time delivery of project commitments is key, and this role will be responsible for managing progress reporting
- Lead project day-to-day execution, facilitate communication and drive progress against plans
- Track, manage, prioritize and escalate project issues and risks
- As appropriate, set priorities for the team to ensure on-time, on-scope, on-budget task completion and coordinate work activities
- Support the project governance process
- Ownership for ensuring a robust project plan is in place and maintained accurately
- Work closely with both internal (SAP COE Team and Business) and third party teams
- Create and maintain effective relationships with business partners
- Provide weekly status reports to the project sponsors
- Improve internal company knowledge in software project management and delivery
- Task and results focused individual
- Good knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle. Ideally including familiarity with SAP Activate or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Experience of working with multi-location teams and virtual delivery
- Flexibility to adapt to working in a lean environment
- Ability to build good relationships both within own team and with other teams
- Ability to bring multi-disciplined teams together into one delivery team
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure
- Ability to comprehend strategic direction not just tactical
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors as service providers
- Bachelor's Degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- 4+ Years working as a project manager in a leading ERP system in a manufacturing environment, with preferably experience in at least one full SAP S/4HANA implementation project
- Immediately recognizable as a leader, possessing outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, and gains immediate credibility with the implementation team.
- Demonstrated experience in change management and cross functional team leadership
- Good interpersonal skills liaising with internal and external contacts
- Team Player – able to collaborate with colleagues, and have a strong desire to excel
- Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defense and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!