Do you want to be part of one of the most dynamic and wide ranging SAP S/4HANA implementations in a manufacturing environment? At Magellan Aerospace we have launched a fast paced, digital led transformation of our manufacturing business, driven by a greenfield SAP S/4HANA complete digital core implementation and we are seeking an experience S/4 project manager to join the team.
Magellan Aerospace is currently implementing SAP’s FTM, PTP, DTS, OTC and EWM modules so candidates with exposure to these will be advantageous. We expect to rapidly follow SAP’s release cycle to continue to exploit new innovations. Future phases will extend the footprint to include Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Machine Integration (MII).
This role will report into senior management and will be a key role in delivering the successful execution of our global business transformation. The most significant delivery will be the S/4HANA deployment across our global divisions.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the project remains on plan, on budget and meets the aims of the business.
In this role, you will collaborate with SAP functional, technical, development and architecture teams, as well as other key business resources.
• On-time delivery of program commitments is key, and this role will be responsible for implementing program metrics and managing associated progress reporting.
• Lead project day-to-day execution, facilitate communication and drive progress against plans
• Track, manage, prioritize and escalate project issues and risks
• As appropriate, set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and coordinate work activities
• Supporting the governance process will also be a key component of the role.
• Providing Project Management support to a cross-functional program team delivering an SAP S/4 HANA implementation project
• Ownership for ensuring a robust project plan is in place and maintained accurately
• Work closely with both internal and third party teams
• Create and maintain effective relationships with partner organisations where required
• Provide weekly status reports to the project sponsors
• Improve internal company knowledge in software project management and delivery
• Proven track record in project delivery for large, highly-complex, integrated application landscapes of large global transformation programs
• Good knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience of working in large programs of work with multi-location teams
• Flexible to adapt to working in a lean environment
• Ability to build good relationships both within own team and with other teams
• Ability to bring multi-disciplined teams together into one delivery team
• Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
• Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure
• Ability to comprehend strategic direction not just tactical
• Extensive experience working with 3rd party vendors as service providers
• Bachelor's Degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
• 4+ Years working as a project manager in a leading ERP system, with preferably experience in at least 1 full SAP S/4HANA implementation project
• PMP or Prince2 certified
• Demonstrated experience in change management and cross functional team leadership as well as exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills liaising with internal and external contacts
• Team Player – able to collaborate with colleagues, and have a strong desire to excel
• Able to Multi-task and work under tight deadlines
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!