In this role, you will collaborate with SAP functional, technical, and architecture teams as well as other key business resources, in providing functional support for the implementation of the module. In an SAP Functional Support role, you will be responsible for liaising with the business to define requirements, functional configuration, unit testing, integration testing, knowledge transfer and training for the core business team, and technical support with the operation of the module
- Work with the business and the functional leads to drive standardization of business processes leveraging out-of-the-box solutions in SAP
- Provide guidance to internal teams on best practices in adopting S/4HANA out-of-the-box solutions in SAP OTC.
- Reduce customisations by creating suitable workarounds with standard S/4HANA functionality
- Provide support in master data configuration decisions
- Participate in design decisions on integration with non-SAP systems
Configuration and Testing
- Support the configuration of SAP S/4HANA OTC and related modules; develop scenarios and test to address business requirements
- Provide knowledge in identifying the relevant master and transactional data required for the phased data migrations in the OTC area
- Contribute to Data Migration efforts working with functional team and IT
- Provide support and execute best practices in data cleansing and data extraction for migration
Training and Advisory
- Provide training to internal teams on specific areas in and related modules, as needed
- Act as an advisory role to the business and IT for hands-on usage of S/4HANA functionality
- Keep pace with the evolving S/4HANA roadmap, research and run internal Proof of Concept sessions, as needed, for better features and better alternatives in S/4HANA to address business requirements
- Relevant higher education or degree is desirable.
- Recognized technical accreditations are desirable but not essential.
- Minimum 3 years SAP OTC experience.
- Experience of at least 1 full S/4HANA implementation project
- SAP configuration experience and in-depth SAP process expert
- Can demonstrate the ability to translate this into real world business process optimisation.
- Can rapidly absorb, adapt and exploit new capability as SAP continues to develop S/4HANA
- Experience and knowledge of key integration points between SAP modules
- Business knowledge and process design skills
- Able to collaborate with clients, and have a strong desire to excel.
- Ability to interpret functional and technical plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in non-technical terms.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a geographically dispersed team.
- Keen to learn new skills and be aware of latest technologies and trends.
- Flexibility – willingness to work flexible hours when required to support the SAP deployment schedule
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!