Do you want to be part of one of the most dynamic and wide ranging SAP S/4HANA implementations in a manufacturing environment? At Magellan Aerospace we have launched a fast paced, digital led transformation of our manufacturing business, driven by a greenfield SAP S/4HANA complete digital core implementation and we are seeking a development lead to support the development of system enhancements, workflows, reports and interfaces.
Magellan Aerospace is currently implementing SAP’s FTM, PTP, DTS, OTC and EWM modules so candidates with expertise within these will be advantageous. We expect to rapidly follow SAP’s release cycle to continue to exploit new innovations. Future phases will extend the footprint to include Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Machine Integration (MII).
As we ramp up our internal development capabilities, we seek someone who can take the lead with the development requirements of our S/4HANA implementation.
In this role, you will collaborate with SAP functional, technical and architecture teams, as well as other key business resources, in providing solutions to achieve defined business goals.
The candidate must have experience functioning as an SAP Development lead with focus on complex delivery, ABAP and RICEFW development, and reporting.
• Conversion of functional requirements (business blueprint documents) into technical specifications
• Provide development estimates in a timely manner and communicate deliverable issues
• Ensure adherence to development standards and quality assurance
• Implements and maintains best practices for program documentation, code creation, data dictionary maintenance and change management process
• Innovating where appropriate
• Engage productively with internal and external stakeholders
• Unit and system testing of all developments
• Support BAU activities
• Provide weekly work stream status reports to the project sponsors
• Keep pace with the evolving S/4HANA roadmap to adapt and exploit new capabilities
• Advanced experience of ABAP development and tools: ALV reports, database update programs, function modules, IDOCs, etc.
• Experience of ABAP workbench, including the ABAP dictionary, ABAP editor, Function Builder, Class Builder, etc.
• Advanced experience of available system tools for creating WRICEF items and modifying existing objects, e.g. LSMW, workflow, ABAP query, Report Writer, BAPI, etc.
• Experience with S/4HANA reporting technologies, including Adobe Forms, Fiori Analytics, CDS and oData
• Ability to interpret functional/technical plans
• Working knowledge of ABAP, interfaces, data conversion, workflow and reports development
• Integration via third-party enterprise service brokers
• Experience with third-party data warehousing and business intelligence tools
• Bachelor's Degree in I.T, Computers or related field
• 4+ Years SAP development experience working to industry standards and best practices.
• Experience in at least 1 full SAP S/4HANA implementation project
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Good interpersonal skills liaising with internal and external contacts
• Team Player – able to collaborate with colleagues, and have a strong desire to excel.
• Able to Multi-task and work under tight deadlines
• Adaptable personality and an effective and creative approach to problem solving
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!