Please note this position is a 12 month contract.
At Magellan Aerospace we have launched a fast paced, digital led transformation of our manufacturing business, driven by a greenfield SAP S/4HANA complete digital core implementation and we are seeking for a subject matter expert to join the SAP implementation in the FTM (Finance-to-Manage) key process flow. This position is work from home with travel to implementation sites as required.
In this role, you will collaborate with SAP functional, technical, and architecture teams as well as other key business resources, in providing functional support for the implementation of the module. As a SAP Functional Lead, you will be responsible for completing functional specifications, configuration, unit testing, integration testing, knowledge transfer to Magellan’s project team, and management of the subsequent operation of the module.
• Participate in relevant workshops with system integrators and drive standardization of business processes leveraging out-of-the-box solutions in SAP for one or more of the functions above.
• Provide guidance to internal teams on best practices in adopting S/4 Hana out-of-the-box solutions in SAP FTM.
• Create workarounds and drive alignment to workarounds in S/4 Hana to reduce RICEWF.
• Provide expertise in master data configuration decisions.
• Participate in design decisions on integration with non-SAP systems.
Configuration and Testing
• Configure SAP S/4HANA FTM and related modules; develop scenarios and test to address business requirements.
• Validate proposed solutions from system integrator.
• Review and drive configuration and testing outcomes with the system integrator teams.
• Provide expertise in identifying the relevant master and transactional data required for data migration in one or more of the abovementioned modules.
• Contribute to Data Migration efforts working with functional team and IT.
• Provide guidance on as well as execute best practices in data cleansing and data extraction for migration.
Training and Advisory
• Provide training to internal teams on specific areas in and related modules, as needed.
• Be in advisory role to business and IT for hands-on usage of S/4 HANA functionality.
• Keep pace with the evolving S/4 Hana roadmap, research and run internal Proof of Concept sessions, as needed, for better features and better alternatives in S/4 Hana to address business requirements.
Magellan Aerospace is currently implementing SAP’s PTP, FTM, DTS, OTC modules so candidates with expertise in more than one of them will be advantageous. We expect to rapidly follow SAP’s release cycle to continue to exploit new innovations. Future phases will extend the footprint to include Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Machine Integration (MII).
• Bachelor's Degree in I.T, Computers or related field.
• 4+ Years Domain Subject Matter expert in Finance processes utilizing SAP FTM module based on industry standards and best practices.
• Have at least 1 full SAP S/4HANA FTM cycle implementation experience.
• SAP configuration experience and in-depth SAP process expert.
• Experience with SAP FICO
• Can demonstrate the ability to translate this into real world business process optimisation.
• Can rapidly absorb, adapt and exploit new capability as SAP continues to develop S4/HANA.
• Experience and knowledge of key integration points between SAP modules.
• Business knowledge and process design skills.
• Able to collaborate with clients, and have a strong desire to excel.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name "Magellan Aerospace Corporation" in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!