Looking for a Rotary Kiln Engineer Supervisor for large mining and process operation. The Rotary Kiln Engineer Supervisor position plays a vital role in our client company’s growth and development. This position will be the process owner responsible for Rotary Kiln optimization and will work with the Burners to collect organizational knowledge. This position will provide process engineering support to the Rotary Kiln operations through effective troubleshooting of problems, capital project management and identification of throughput and fuel efficiency improvements. The successful candidate will need to have strong leadership abilities to promote effect change within the process and have employee support for long term success.
· Ability to identify unsafe conditions and areas for improvement, being a role model for Safety and promoting our cultural themes.
· Ability to lead employees in change management process, ensuring all operational employees understand the reasoning for change.
· Design and implement continuous improvements of the efficiency, consistency, and productivity of the sintering process and related processes, while using the collective knowledge from employees. (e.g., stone feed, lime processing)
· Assist department using kiln data and analytics in the evaluation, installation, and repair of kiln and process equipment, refractories, and internals
· Develop capital justifications and oversee the completion of capital improvement projects related to process optimization, utilizing both internal resources and external vendor/contractor support
· Conduct equipment and refractory inspections and assist with root cause analysis (RCA) of equipment failures to develop corrective solutions and long term strategies
· Be collaborative while utilizing proven methods but still thinking outside of the box
· Act customer focused and innovatively, may receive overnight calls and will need to respond to them accordingly
· Have open decision making in a respectful environment, work with operations personnel to gain insight on the Rotary Kiln optimization and provide support. Strong background in facilitating process change in a controlled/scientific manner.
· Operate cross functionally, collaboratively, and pragmatically across a global organization
· Be performance driven and accountable
· Assist in managing and reconcile fuel and finished product inventories
· Responsible for optimizing energy consumption and scrap rates within plant processes
· Stays up to date with new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies
· Must be hands-on, team oriented and committed to business improvement processes
Minimum Requirements Education and/or Experience
· B.S. degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Ceramic Engineering required
· Thorough understanding and at least 1-3 years of experience with Rotary Kilns and/or other pyro related processes
· 3-5 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment (cement, lime, etc.)
· Engaging leader who can grow, inspire, and develop their team
· Experience with ERP systems (SAP) preferred, advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience with process control systems to include process loop tuning, as well as process operating methodologies within the teams.
· Strong mathematical skills with a fundamental understanding of statistical analysis, Lean Concepts, 6S and Six Sigma
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work collaboratively within the organization.
PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT firstname.lastname@example.org