endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Robotic Reliability Engineer
As a Robotics Reliability Engineer, you will perform and train maintenance craft to perform preventative maintenance to ensure minimum down-time and optimal operation of robotic equipment. This will be completed using knowledge of electrical circuits, controls hardware design, electrical panel design, pneumatic design, hydraulic design, PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, servo applications, device communication networks and use of knowledge of Fanuc Robot w/ Kauffman interfaces to design and troubleshoot automation products.
(All other duties as assigned)
Throughout your rotation through various roles across the business, you will be responsible for the following –
- Use knowledge of electrical circuits, Controls Hardware design, electrical panel design, pneumatic design, hydraulic design, PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, servo applications, and device communication networks to design and troubleshoot automation products
- Analyze customer-supplied specification to draft operation manuals detailing functionality and equipment set-up specifications
- Perform and train maintenance craft to perform preventative maintenance to ensure minimum down-time and optimal operation of machines and equipment
- Use of knowledge of Fanuc Robot w/Kauffman interfaces to include:
- Robot Handling Tool Operation, Training and Programming
- Develop a recovery process from common program and robot faults
- Execute & Train set-up operations to our Crafts
- Create, modify and execute all material handling programs. Work to improve the reliability.
- Monitor, force and simulate input and output signals. Monitor these changes and work with the Crafts to troubleshoot issues when simulation occurs.
- Backup and restore individual programs and files
- Build a detailed PM Program
- Define the plant spare parts
- Robot Vision Setup and Operations:
- Training of vision system to our crafts. Train for consistency in the process.
- Define the plant spare parts
- Ownership and setup of both Hardware & Software
- Development of the necessary settings for an error proofing process
- Teach and run an error proofing process (RCCA)
- Create a vision process for our facility
- Understand the Vision Register Data and how to extract specific information
- Set up and calibrate the camera.
- Setup and configure both Application specific and Vision Support Tools
- Program the robot to respond to vision results as well as developing long term reliability into the system
SCOPE AND IMPACT
This position is developmental in nature while supporting all aspects throughout the plant during the rotational program. The person must function equally well in both an office and plant environment. The person must participate in our Cost Savings and Uptime Improvement Initiatives. Supports Engineering Manager in all aspects of robotic operations. Supports the Planning, designing, and coordinating integration of robotic machinery and equipment into manufacturing process; identifies and initiates continuous improvement opportunities/projects. Responsible for responding to emergency failures, standardization and continuous improvement of existing tooling. Supports the specification and debugging of tooling for new programs. The position must provide team leadership to resolve all open robot issues to ensure plant success is achieved. This position requires an individual capable of managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering, Operations, or Manufacturing Technology discipline. Desired degrees include: Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Maintenance and Industrial Technology, and Operations Management
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar working environment
- Strong interpersonal skills (desire to lead a team of people).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments to meet objectives.
This position may require occasional travel within North America.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.