endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Robotics Paint Operations Tech:Major Automotive Supplier of Painted Plastics manufacturing has an Immediate need for an off shift Paint Operations Supervisor with solid Robotics knowledge.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assure all equipment is operational and operating correctly in order to assure that safety, quality, and utilization are achieved to the highest standards of acceptance.
- Assure all Fluid Delivery / Mixers are following rules and regulations in regards to safety and company policy.
- Develop, teach, and train team members to excel in any position. (Cross-training).
- Do booth checks to assure robots are not causing defects.
- Proficient in troubleshooting
- General understanding of the Washer System.
- Assist with downtime reduction activities such as jam ups.
- Write Robotic programs and color setups.
- Assure parts are entered correctly into the MIS station.
- Verify all robotic / fluid delivery equipment is operating properly and correct problems quickly and efficiently.
- Understand quality standards and provide feedback to sprayers/fluid delivery/mixers if there is a problem.
- Follow through and contain any trails for Process/Product Improvement that need to be completed.
- Complete reporting in a timely manner.
- Develop paint/process improvements and implement.
- Understanding of how and when to make changes to presets, shaping air, atomization air, and KV.
- Provide support with Continuous Improvement Team activities.
- Participate in formal improvement team activities.
- Support all departmental and organizational improvement initiatives in order to achieve business objectives.
- 90% of time will be on the shop floor related.
- Participate in IATF 16949-2016/ ISO 14001 activities or any other organizational certifications as needed
- Other activities as assigned by Management
- Ability to lead/train others.
- 3-5 Years in similar position
- Must pass Ishihara Color Test (Color Blindness) with a minimum score of 70.
- Must pass the Color Acuity Test (Trays) with an average discrimination classification and an error score between 20-100.
- Working knowledge of automated bell and robotic spray applications on plastic parts.
- Working knowledge of manual spray applications of 1K and 2K paints on plastic parts.
- Technical knowledge of automated fluid delivery equipment including P-Mix and RCS.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding X-Rite operation for color approvals.
- Requires considerable knowledge of paint application and how to troubleshoot problems with them as well as reduce downtime.
- Flexible enough to be able to work any shift.
- Ability to travel, possibly overnight (approx.>5% of the time).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Understands conflict management and how to handle difficult situations.
- Able to wear fitted respirator.
- Understand acceptable quality levels (AQL) on parts based on quality standards.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.