LOB: Channels and Partnerships Technology
Length of Contract: 16 months
Reason for opening: Mat Leave
Working Location: Toronto
Work collaboratively with key stakeholders from various Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) focused teams within the organization who are running with enterprise wide projects and initiatives impacting Channels & Partnerships Technology. The candidate will act as a GRC CIO Delegate for Channels & Partnerships Technology when working on such projects and initiatives in the areas of application security logging and monitoring, audits and assessments, regulatory requirements, rapid containment recovery, cyber security, BCP, etc.
Candidate Value Proposition (CVP): This role allows the candidate to work in an established institution and with multiple groups, which will allow candidate to build skills and confidence. Candidate will have a lot of autonomy and will be able to advocate the position.
Group Culture: This candidate would be part of a team of 4-5 within the GRC pillar of Channels & Partnerships Technology Business Management. The work is mostly done in an independent fashion but there is heavy emphasis on being a team player. There is regular interaction with PM’s.
• 30% routine, 70% ad-hoc (such as data presentation and analysis, reporting)
• Participate in status meetings based on current projects
• Reviewing requirements, completing risk assessments, data analysis, regulatory requirements and other deliverables as required
• Handling/supporting intake process and assigning resources – meeting with PM’s to understand the scope of the specific project, timelines, deliverables, etc. required
• Provides strategic input into business decisions on operational IT risk as a trusted advisor.
• Supports initiatives and imperatives from an end to end perspective across entire CIO line of business.
• Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations, policy and procedures.
• Ensures Business Continuity Planning with internal / external regulatory policies and guidelines.
• Ensures access management and other controls are effectively managed.
• Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
• Assists in the investigation of security breaches and other violations of information security policies and standards of technology.
• Is a trusted advisor on assessment of delivery risks and issues.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders e.g. business and technology stakeholders and Corporate Support Areas (CSAs) in providing operational risk management support.
• Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
• Determines tactical and strategic solutions to conflicts that arise between various stakeholder points of view, balancing risk exposure with desired line of business outcome.
• Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
• Analyzes available data and information to provide insights and recommendations. This includes identification of risk impacts for new processes and workflows related to initiatives.
• Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
• Relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and industry knowledge related to Risk & Security Management – 7+ years
Familiarity with core banking system related security.
• Strong general IT knowledge (OS, Network, Security)
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of Identity and Access Management and general knowledge of Information Security disciplines
• General knowledge of operational risk management practices.
• Basic understanding of PM methodology
• Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Technology
Nice to Have:
• Previous experience working with a variety of PM’s
• Risk related designations/certificates
• Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
• Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
• Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
• Able to manage ambiguity.
• Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.