The Risk Manager North America is responsible for eliminating or reducing hazard risks. This position will procure insurance for those risks that the Company do not wish to retain. This is a hybrid position working in the office on Monday & Tuesday and the office is in Dundee, MI. Other locations include Chicago, IL / Dallas, TX and/or Nashville, TN.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Recommend and procure best method for financing exposures / potential losses and procure appropriate instruments as needed.
- Management of Loss Prevention Program.
- Management of Risk Audits, including compliance with local, state and federal legislation.
- Collect and validate insurance underwriting information.
- Perform continual risk and loss analysis to identify areas for improvement.
- Review contractual insurance language, define terms and conditions, and recommend limits and deductibles for such coverage.
- Interface closely with manufacturing, safety and other departments to improve risk profile and provide training.
- Review of insurance requirements in contracts and agreements as required.
- Manage compliance of certificate of insurance for vendor and customers.
- Work with Insurance Broker to assess and monitor each insurance company’s financial condition both at renewal and on an on-going basis. Using S&P or Moody’s rating agencies.
- Work with the Insurance Brokers to review the current insurance programs and language, identify weaknesses, and monitor concentration of risk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists the Director of Risk Management in managing the Company's Risk Management Program and Department.
- Works in conjunction with all business units, including HR Managers, IR Managers, VP/ General Managers, Directors of Safety, Operations Managers and Plant Managers to discuss claims procedures, strategy, outcomes and knowledge transfer.
- Works in conjunction with captive managers to coordinate the Company's Captive Programs for Property and Casualty.
- Works in conjunction with insurance brokers to coordinate information exchange.
- Works in conjunction with Claims Manager to ensure the Casualty Program is managed and ownership for results is shared.
- Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree. Preferred degree in risk management
- 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Associate in Risk Management Designation (ARM) Certified Risk Manager Designation (CRM).
- Computer and Software Skills: Advanced Microsoft User.
- Travel Requirements: 20%.
- Financial and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in primary insurance placement.
- Demonstrated ability in influencing, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Working understanding of the construction manufacturing industry.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays.
- Dress for your day policy.
- Holistic health & well-being programs for physical, mental/emotional and financial health with access to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through education and prevention.
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for health and dependent Care.
- Vision and other voluntary benefits and discounts.
- Retirement Savings – Choose from 401(k) pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings.
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity & Paternity).
- Educational Assistance Program.