Our client, a well-established QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) company is recruiting for a Restaurant Store Manager
to join their team based in Green Point, Cape Town.Job Purpose:
We are looking for a Restaurant Store Manager to lead all aspects of a specific store. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate your team to provide excellent customer service. Your responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability, and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining area, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll be part of the hiring process for qualified Pizza Chefs and floor staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements and Skills required:
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints (specifically in-store)
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity to the Area Manager
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products and place orders at the Central Kitchen
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g., discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager, or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like Ideal POS
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus (Ideal)
R8500 per monthLocation:
Green Point, Cape TownShould you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 202394 subject heading or email body.
Surgo (Pty) Ltd will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity (EE) and is committed in maintaining diversity in its’ appointments. Surgo (Pty) Ltd, therefore also encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, should you not receive feedback within three months upon submission, you can assume your application was unsuccessful and we encourage you to reapply. Please note that as a registered member of APSO, Surgo (PTY) Ltd. does not hold applicants accountable for any application fee.
Your CV will be kept on our database for us to contact you should any future vacancies become available. If you do not wish for us to keep your CV for any other positions, please email email@example.com