endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Resident Project Engineer – ADAS / Safety Systems
Ready for a key role on a development team created the most advanced electronic systems on the planet?
What we offer:
We are a global pioneer in cutting-edge technology for the future and autonomous vehicle. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in autonomous driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
A self-contained business unit of a US- based $25b global super-power in the electronics industry our rapidly growing organization has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Searching for a driven individual to join a customer-engineering team to support our growing safety / autonomous electronics business. A successful Resident Product Engineer will be customer- and objective-oriented while remaining flexible in daily duties. Complex, systematic problem solving are crucial, but in a single day, could morph from vehicle troubleshooting to ensuring traceability on ECR documentation to achieve a customer release.
- Primary customer interface for specific vehicle platforms related to the implementation and launching of electronic systems and modules.
- Comprehend and effectively communicate customer requirements, needs, and wishes.
- Participation in customer meetings to ensure effective communication between NA, CN, and KR. customer and Veoneer regional development sites to close open points.
- Developing vehicle specific configuration files and managing their release through the Veoneer and GM systems.
- Provide support and input into the product development process of complex electronic systems.
- Support tracking and deliverables for Material Required Dates (MRDs) for customer prototype parts.
- Support customer test bench and vehicle builds, data acquisition, analysis, and troubleshooting as required (on-site as required).
- Create and coordinate Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) within the GM system.
- Ensure GM ECRs are effectively tracked against counterparts as applicable.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement activities within the product development teams and organization.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree required; Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year industry experience.
- Ability to understand, decompose, and effectively communicate the functionality of complex systems.
- Experience with the design / development / testing of complex electronic systems.
- Electronics experience preferred.
- Customer focus: Understand customer needs and ensure deliverables meet customer expectations.
- Teamwork: Engage and inspire others. Drive collaboration. Work across cultures.
- Build Trust: Honest, transparent, and reliable. Build customer relationships.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Prior experience with GM Vehicle Information Platform (VIP, née Global B)
- Experience in completing systematic Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (FMEAs)
- Experience with executing methodical problem solving
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.