endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Resident Engineer – Radar
What we offer:
We develop cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving are the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
Our North American operation does all the design and development here in the states so you will be involved in the development process from beginning to end.
What you'll do:
Searching for a driven individual to join our Radar customer-engineering team to support our growing radar business. A successful resident engineer will be customer- and objective-oriented while remaining flexible in daily duties. Complex, systematic problem solving are crucial, but in a single day, could morph from vehicle troubleshooting to ensuring traceability on ECR documentation to achieve a customer release.
- Primary customer interface for specific vehicle platforms related to the implementation and launching of radar modules
- Comprehend and effectively communicate customer requirements, needs, and wishes
- Support customer and company deliverables including:
- Participation in customer meetings to ensure effective communication between local and regional development sites to close open points
- Developing vehicle specific configuration files and managing their release through the company and GM systems
- Create and maintain numerous types of radar part numbers (model, software, calibration, manufacturing) within the GM system
- Support tracking and deliverables for Material Required Dates (MRDs) for customer prototype parts
- Support customer test bench and vehicle builds, data acquisition, analysis, and troubleshooting as required (on-site as required)
- Create and coordinate Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) within the GM system
- Ensure GM ECRs are effectively tracked.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement activities within the radar team
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree required; Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Ability to understand, decompose, and effectively communicate the functionality of complex systems
- Electronics experience preferred
- Customer focus: Understand customer needs and ensure deliverables meet customer expectations
- Teamwork: Engage and inspire others. Drive collaboration. Work across cultures.
- Build Trust: Honest, transparent, and reliable. Build customer relationships.
- High level of attention to detail
- Prior experience with GM Vehicle Information Platform (VIP, née Global B)
- Experience in completing systematic Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (FMEAs)
- Experience with executing methodical problem solving
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.