ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support research planning to fulfill the needs of specific research projects. This includes estimating the amount of time it will take to complete research and creating a basic plan of action for finding the necessary data.
- Implement research plans to find and collect data. This may include studying reports, using online sources, taking phone surveys, and using a variety of other data-collection methods.
- Interpret and analyze research data, mining it for relevant information.
- Write research reports highlighting and summarizing essential information found through their data analysis.
- Verify their findings to double-check data by going out into the field to physically track down information.
- Present their findings verbally to summarize essential information learned through data collection and analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by upper management
- This position has not supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Self-starter with planning skills, organizational skills, note-taking ability, and attention to detail required.
- Solid research abilities, including critical thinking and analysis required.
- Strong computer proficiency such as Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook)
- Ability to type with enough speed and accuracy to take meeting notes required.
- Ability to be a strong team player required.
- Familiarity working with data, such as online survey applications preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and client schedules, and manage work load, required.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written required.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent in Japanese and English Authorized to work in the US