Reporting to the Remote Operations Supervisor, the Remote Operations Engineers and Specialists are responsible for monitoring and controlling company assets in a centralized remote operations center (ROC). The team’s aim is to increase efficiency and product quality in lime calcination processes through the use of cutting-edge technology and automation. The Remote Operator fills a crucial role in ensuring safe & continuous operation, product quality, and compliance with environmental requirements by collaborating with plant-based personnel and other Remote Operations based out of our ROC.
To be successful in this role, you must have an in-depth understanding of how process changes affect plant operations and product quality, along with the ability to analyze trends and data to make process decisions. You must also be comfortable monitoring multiple processes and prioritizing alarms. You will be responsible for service requests and committed to finding ways to optimize operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Monitor and control plant production equipment at multiple geographic locations simultaneously in a safe manner. Make process adjustments in response to, and in anticipation of operational and quality needs.
- Monitor product quality throughout the process, collaborating with onsite technicians and making decisions required to maintain product quality.
- Apply knowledge gained to define problems, establish facts, and determine valid conclusions to drive process efficiencies and improvements.
- Maintain shift operation records and exchange information with others during shift changes or otherwise as necessary.
- Actively collaborate with peers and other departments to ensure the highest standards in safety, environmental performance, quality, and efficiency are achieved.
- Shift work: 12 hours rotating shifts between day shift and night shift to maintain 24 hour operations. Holiday and weekend coverage is required.
- Communicate with onsite operations personnel, maintenance technicians, supervisors, process engineers and others to coordinate production and quality requirements.
- Collaborate on various special projects to continuously improve the remote operations program.
- Identify, develop, continuously improve, and communicate the best available process practices within Company.
- Stay up to date with the latest technological developments in related industries.
- Work with Company’s Process Engineering Group and plant process engineers to continuously expand and improve the automation strategy.
- Assist various departments and functional groups to investigate and find the root cause of problems.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as necessary to meet urgent deadlines or to ensure resolution of problems.
- Occasional travel required – up to 20%. Travel throughout the US and Canada.
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial experience in a manufacturing or processing environment is preferred.
- Must be fluent in both English and French.
- Must be able to read and interpret electronic data and make appropriate decisions related to processing equipment.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills. Pursues innovative solutions when and where appropriate.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions in a short timeframe.
- Able to effectively build relationships with employees at all levels within the organization (front line to executive management).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Self-directed and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong active listening skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills. Must, need to be able to communicate clearly & effectively to (both technical and non-technical stakeholders).
- Post-secondary education with an engineering degree or technical certification is considered and asset.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Electrical, PLC programming, instrumentation, automation, and HMI controls background will be considered a strong asset.