The Shift Supervisor
is responsible for meeting safety and production requirements at this paperboard manufacturing operation on the West coast. Primary functions include but are not limited to directing the activities of the production employees on shift, to safely maximize quality, production at the lowest possible cost, while sustaining the continuity of operations with the minimum of down time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads mill production technician’s and serves as a coach in meeting Mill goals, assists in developing Set-up Shift Supervisors
- Works with Human Resources in assessing training material used to train the technicians, assists in updating, editing and obsoleting outdated training material.
- Provides coaching, guidance, and feedback to improve trainers throughout the production operations structure
- Completes projects as assigned
- Works with Production Manager to plan and execute mill maintenance shutdowns.
- Maintains equipment through assuring equipment basic care rounds are completed and operator maintenance is performed as required. Does periodic audits to ensure employees are meeting the requirements of this program.
- Assists employees in gathering and analyzing data used in continuous improvement efforts.
- Champions employees to continually look for ways of improving processes; communicates employee ideas to next level managers.
- Explains and enforces policies; Resolves work problems by involving team members in problem solving techniques.
- Works with employees to resolves issues or complaints; communicates employee concerns with Production and Human Resources Manager.
- B.S. Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical materials; ability to effectively present information to top management and all levels of the employee population
- Strong troubleshooting background
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong written and oral communication
- Knowledgeable in Excel and various Microsoft Programs
- 10+ years manufacturing experience
- 3+ years in leadership role