SUMMARY: The Reliability Manager is responsible for leading the reliability programs for a world-class pulp and paper manufacturing operation. This position supports the Operations teams in the development and implementation of a world-class Asset Management program. A successful manager will work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to create impactful opportunities around efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop long-range maintenance strategy through life cycle tracking, Failure Modes Effect Analysis FMEA’s for critical assets and reliability tables
- Develop and maintain maintenance and reliability standards and specifications, SOP’s
- Lead efforts of Asset Management to include Validation of asset data and PM Program review; identifies and implements opportunities to improve the asset management plan
- Monitor the predictive, preventative, asset care programs and equipment downtime to ensure equipment is functioning at optimal levels
- Tracks and analyzes site and account level WO Management, applying world-class standards of scheduling and planning; trains and coaches operations staff through the implementation of WO Management best practices to optimize work order performance
- Provides site and account operations teams with expert-level expertise in identifying and implementing industry-leading metrics; communicates results of performance analytics to measurably improve site and account performance
- Leads efforts to perform Criticality Analyses on all systems and equipment by facilitating teams of customer and Operations to ensure most efficient use of resources are applied according to industry-leading standards
- Performs ongoing reviews and validations of the maintenance program in order to validate application of best practice procedures and frequencies, leading to Program Optimization and most effective implementation of routine, predictive, and condition-based maintenance practices
- Coordinate and deliver training when required to the team, enhance testing/qualification program
- Responsible for predictive maintenance program including mechanical integrity, NDT testing, vibration analysis, electrical testing (EPD & MCE), PM & OBC & lubrication machine inspections/routes, and machine alignment
- Management of contract serviced vibration analysis monitoring program, infrared monitoring, oil analysis programs
- Leader of mill rebuild and refurbishment programs, coordinating shop audits, vendor selection and contract resource
- Leader of mill outage coordination assuring a good planning , coordination and execution
- Lead Improvement Opportunities through application of appropriate Kaizen Events to include waste reduction (Lean) and continuous improvement (SixSigma) processes; where applicable, provide expertise (facilitate) for site and account RCA efforts
- Identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement and/or Best Practice efforts; lead efforts to implement by working with all stakeholders to improve the performance of maintenance effort, people, and other processes to achieve maximum performance
- Responsible for leading, maintaining and reporting on Root Cause Analysis program
- Maintains KPI database through periodic updates
- Responsible for creating and reporting a predictive “watch list” from Vibration monitoring program, IR, oil analysis.
- Member of coverage on a rotating “on-call” for weekend/after-hours maintenance emergences.
- Ensure each production area has identified availability goals
- Work with site leadership team to develop a culture where reliability risks are clearly identified and communicated and each employee understands the role that they play in mitigating the key risks.
- Oversee project safety, quality and maintenance requirements while executing work in accordance with policies, procedures, systems, and requirements
- Maintain active interface with management for progress, commitments and change management
- Lead/mentor/develop a team of inter-disciplinary reliability engineers, Planners, and a Rebuild Coordinator
- Develop your organization to ensure long and short term goals and objectives are met.
- Transfer knowledge to salaried staff and prepare them for future advancement opportunities.