Title: Reliability Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-4455329521
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Reliability Engineer to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Gainesville, TX.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Create designs of aircraft interior products: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircraft using a computer aided drafting system.
- Support existing designs of products.
- Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high-end private jets products.
- Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
- Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
- Prepare drawings and other engineering data.
- Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
- Release 3D models and drawings.
- Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
- Work independently; receive minimal guidance.
- 6+ years of relevant experience.
- BS Engineering/Science, Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred or 2-year Technical School + 3-5 years of experience in field.
- Sound understanding of mechanical systems, the strength of available materials, and manufacturing processes—composite experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding of tolerances and their implications.
- Basic understanding of airframe environment, interfaces, airworthiness and regulatory requirements for passenger aircraft.
- MS Office Suite, MS Windows. CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred. AutoCAD is useful.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.