Originates and develops analysis methods to determine reliability of components, equipment and processes. Acquires and analyzes data. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations and reports to define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements. Conducts analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the required reliability approach for a particular situation, with consideration given to cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs and weight, size and availability of materials/equipment. Determines cost advantages of alternatives and develops action plans that comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to avoid failures.
- Gathers and examines reliability data from field studies or database and correlates the data for analysis using well-defined engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Performs detailed engineering calculations involving tests on complicated system details where ingenuity and high-level judgment are required.
- Initiates engineering studies into equipment/process failures and presents analysis details.
- Assists others in root cause failure analysis to avoid future failures.
- Follows company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering
- 2 – 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Licensed Engineer Preferred