Reporting to the Director of Engineering the Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing support in the engineering and maintenance disciplines to perform professional engineering work involved in the design, CAD, construction, and inspection, of engineering projects including production facilities, line renovations and improvements, treated, and waste water systems; to prepare plans and specifications; and to act as a project manager on assigned projects.
The following are essential duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Continuously improving manufacturing processes in terms of quality and performance measurements, and identifying and eliminating bottleneck areas.
- Seek to ensure reliability of plant and equipment operation while optimizing maintenance and operation costs and satisfying all safety, environmental etc regulations in the process.
- Design, document, troubleshoot and lead the launch of new products and processes from an engineering perspective.
- Identify and solve safety concerns encountered during design and study of manufacturing processes.
- Devise hands on improvement processes to reduce scrap and defects while improving throughput and document SOP's and the implementation of Best Practices into the facilities by utilizing engineering techniques such as, but not limited to, Process Flow Design, FMEA, Time Study, Poke Yoke, etc.
- Coordinate the installation of new equipment to maximize production efficiency and maintainability.
- Act as a project engineer; research applicable codes, regulations and requirements for the assigned projects; develop and oversee the development of construction plans and specifications; oversee and prepare changes as conditions warrant.
- Maintain a knowledge base in the capacity of existing utilities and the current level of utilization.
- Stay abreast of the latest safety, environmental and other regulations which affect the facilities to ensure compliance.
- Maintain constant awareness of progress on assigned projects to ensure compliance with designated time and cost schedules for project completion; supervise and participate in the inspection of construction projects; prepare change orders; review contractor’s estimates and prepare/review progress payments.
- Periodically prepare reports to satisfy environmental and safety regulations and ensure a safe and professional work environment.
- Leadership role for project initiatives aimed at reducing down time, improving reliability, conserving energy, and upgrading equipment.
Click here to apply online
- Thorough knowledge of mathematics, physics, engineering principles and practices.
- Demonstrated desktop computing skills. Including CAD.
- Ability to work independently and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to work with professional contacts, vendors, facilities and to work as a team member.
- Proper utilization of project resources and time.