A Steel Manufacturer in Western PA is looking for a Reliability Engineer. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for all maintenance reliabilities for the plant, guaranteeing the reliability of assets through a collaborative team effort with other departments.
- Develops, implements and enforces plant safety practices that promote an injury and accident free workplace.
- Develops Reliability Centered Maintenance practices and procedures by the use of a CMMS and implements Preventive, Predictive, Condition Based Monitoring and Run to Failure maintenance techniques.
- Evaluates baseline maintenance metrics and provides the management team with recommendations that lead to measurable bottom line improvements in safety, quality, productivity, reliability, and cost.
- Supports the Engineering department with capital project development and implementation to meet completion schedules and budgets while supporting operational and maintenance needs.
- Manages and mentors direct reports and implements positive change in the workforce.
- Identifies skills/training needs for maintenance personnel and assists in the development and implementation of training programs that promote Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations to include but not limited to OSHA, EPA/DEP, etc.
- Attends and fully participates in required meetings.
- Interfaces and communicates with bargaining unit (union) employees in compliance with the current collective bargaining agreement (Union Contract) which may include participation in the grievance process up to step 1.
- Follows all company policies as outlined in the current Policies & Procedures for Salaried Employees Manual and any applicable amendments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Two/four-year degree in an engineering or related field (or extensive related experience)
- Must demonstrate proficiency and technical understanding of steel process or heavy industrial equipment.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance in a Steel environment or heavy industry.
- Has experience in the use of Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Is trained in the use of condition diagnostic techniques including: vibration analysis, oil analysis, ultrasonic testing, and thermographic testing.
- Must be flexible in work hours. Normal work schedule can include weekends and off hours.
- Competent in other computer software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD.
- Steel Mill Experience