The Maintenance Reliability Supervisor at Paper Mill promotes increased performance of the machinery and equipment in the plant through failure analysis. Based on failure analysis outcomes, incumbent will identify and develop opportunities for improvement and optimization. Will also develop and maintain the Planned Maintenance Plan, with the goal of increasing the useful life and availability of equipment and processes in plant and supervise including equipment rebuild management. The objective of the role is to learn and understand the mill maintenance processes with the opportunity to lead the maintenance organization in the next 3 to 5 years.
Equipment Reliability Strategy
- Owning Criticalities Assessment by leading the development effort, keeping criticalities current and completing periodic reviews.
- Defining, developing, administering, and refining the Equipment Care programs:
- Predictive Maintenance - Develop routes, ensure communication between core team and technician
- Preventative Maintenance - Develop PM mechanics for each area; Develop routes and manage the program and communication with core teams; Audit routes
- Lubrication program - Ensure mechanic qualified and properly lubricating and inspecting equipment.
- May supervise up to five union personnel.
- Champion Asset Class Management in area Establish cradle to grave strategy for critical equipment types. Strategy to ensure reliability, minimize life cycle cost, maximize ROI of assets.
- Support Core teams by helping to resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required
- RCFA Facilitation - Facilitates and leads RCFA for the plant. Ensures engagement of workforce, proper root causes identified, and action items are completed
- Coordinate priorities with operations - Helps to maintain top 5-10 PCF list and ensure alignment between core teams, operations mgmt., engineering, and maintenance; Utilize data mining and cost and productivity drivers to determine priorities
- Equipment Improvement- Develop and implement equipment improvement strategies and designs to improve reliability, maintainability and process capability
MWS Work Notification Oversight
- Maintenance personnel supervision
- Manage contractors
- Participate in prioritizing Area work orders
- Ensure proper Preventive Maintenance work is identified and completed
- Manage the work order backlog
- Routine Work
- Participate in assembling weekly schedules.
Capital and Repair Projects
- Engineering Liaison - Champion the element of Design for Reliability in all capital and repair jobs.
- Create equipment files and records of required document for new capital equipment installations.
- Review and manage the storeroom rebuilds and critical spares list.