- Loan marketing towards the Japanese Corporates as a relationship manager
- Building-up new customers portfolio amongst the Japanese Corporates
- Fluent both in Japanese & English, for Speaking, Listening and Writing.
- Work at our Torrance office.
- Living within commutable distance to our Torrance office.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initially, lead loan marketing and client acquisition strategies: cross sell to existing clients, and new loans.
- Serve as the face of loan marketing expert to the potential borrowers both on existing & new customers, during their business process and throughout their business cycle.
- Interface with stakeholders, Credit, Legal, Compliance, Other Products-Marketing, IT, and others to manage the cultivation of new customers & segments.
- Own the vision, lead development of loan marketing in South-Bay Area, roadmap, and go-to-market strategies.
- Discover, design, develop and deploy loan products that delight clients and meet the needs of the bank.
- Lead internal and customer facing engagements as the working capital subject matter expert in partnership with other RMs & Product Officers, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Manage the loan product development process to ensure the fully commercialized product meets the initial requirements and is delivered with the necessary quality to achieve the business plan.
- Guide the development of relevant marketing, other products, and internal-facing content in partnership with the Credit admin & Transactional Banking team.
- Assist other RMs with loan-marketing efforts, acting as subject matter expert, providing demonstration, role-play and technical insight as needed.
- Manage and deploy loan-marketing enhancements, project managing the roll out, including risk-appetite readiness, training, implementation, and communications.
- Identify trends and opportunities and drive through loan-market knowledge, external research, and internal analytical review.
- Oversee the administration process, including deal pricing and tracking, exposure management, credit line availability, portfolio management, and client engagement.
- Leverage technology to improve the client experience and day to day management of loan business.
- Lead vendor management: vendor onboarding due diligence, annual vendor review, on-going vendor and system monitoring, upgrades if needed. Point of contact for vendor/system escalations.
- 5 years+ of loan marketing or loan underwriting experience in a banking or financial services environment.
- Fluent in both Japanese & English, for Speaking, Listening and Writing.
- Established knowledge of Loan Products – Commercial Loan, Real Estate Loan (Construction Loan), Bridge Financing, Supply Chain Finance, Franchise/SBA Business Loan, M&A Financing and so on.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge and track record of loan marketing (all aspects of working capital loan and other loan products) for corporates and banks manifested through the number of deals completed.
- Knowledge of the key aspects of bank products for loan & lending business, i.e., profitability, risk mitigation, counter party needs assessment, etc.
- Understanding of industry strategies, industrial sector approach, value-chain approach and processing, global Debt Capital Markets landscape and competitive offerings.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and effectively identify client challenges and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate strategic concepts and lay out a strategic course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver loan-asset growth.
- Detailed understanding of the client needs that drive loan products usage.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead effective cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills especially in Financial Statement (BS & PL) and comfort with detail.
- Strong communications skills and relationship development skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and eagerness to learn.
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated, passionate, and driven to achieve results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance. MBA preferred.