Position: Rehabilitation Specialist I - JP6764
Duration: 1 year
Location: Remote for now and later British Columbia (Home Based with a visit to the office required no more than once per week once the return to work occurs sometime in 2022)
Bilingual candidates- French language would be an asset but not required Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Sciences field
- Our National Rehabilitation Department is looking for a self-motivated individual to join their team as a Rehabilitation Specialist.
- Reporting to the Supervisor, National Rehabilitation Department, you will have a caseload primarily composed of files that will support the national rehabilitation team.
- Developing, monitoring and implementing innovative and goal-oriented vocational rehabilitation strategies for claimants in receipt of disability benefits.
- Contributing to the overall profitability of Group Disability by facilitating more timely return to work for claimants.
- Work with Policyholders to develop creative return to work solutions Budget management
- Provide effective communication to policy holders and members, and various medical professionals, often delivering complex and/or difficult messages
- Ensuring the most effective and efficient treatments are available to our claimants
- Related University degree, preference will be given to those candidates with Health Sciences related education
- Completion of related Insurance Industry courses would be an asset.
- Extensive functional rehabilitation experience (5 yrs) or several years active rehabilitation experience
- Sound knowledge of Rehabilitation Industry Standards, Disability Insurance and medical terminology, and Disability and Rehabilitation management best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English-French)
- Solid Word, Excel, and Powerpoint skills
- Experience managing budgets in a professional setting
- Valid driver's license and car is required to travel to various locations
- Attributes Ability to multi-task and prioritize when case loads may be large and complex.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Ability to make difficult decisions which may have significant impact on claimants
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Strength in working independently and in a cohesive team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven analytical, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to think of creative solutions to rehabilitation problems Interest in helping others make gainful return to employment