Rehabilitation Service Technician
Rehabilitation Service Technician - $16.73/hour
The Rehabilitation Service Technician is responsible to provide potential applicants with a basic overview of the Independent Living Older Blind Program (ILOB) and to input client referral information into the Case Management System; interviews applicants for intake information and, provides an Initial Case Narrative note with general information of client self-report disclosed information related to their needs and any issues; Collects and scans any documentation and medical records necessary into the client Electronic Case File. Assist ILOB clients to apply for available community resources and maintains current wait lists and ongoing RT report for internal ILOB referrals as well as the referrals entered in the Case Management System. The Rehabilitation Services Technician (RST) position is responsible for responding to and managing Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) inquires and referrals. The Rehabilitation Services Technician (RST) provides support to rehabilitation teachers, VR counselors and leadership.
- Experience in working with persons with blindness.
- An Associates of Arts/Sciences or Applied Sciences in a discipline related to human services; or 21 semester hours in a discipline related to human services and one year experience in a vocational rehabilitation or independent living program; or A High School diploma or GED and two years experience in a vocational rehabilitation or independent living program; or Three years experience in an organized program providing services to individuals with disabilities.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations in regard to provision of rehabilitation services to individuals with disabilities, guidelines and best practices of the Independent Living Older Blind Program, general knowledge of blindness and visual impairments, and knowledge related to the geriatric field and available community resources.
- Knowledge of various computer software programs, to include Microsoft Office Suite, internet applications, and email
- Completion of a certificate program in disability awareness, social services, substance abuse or other behavioral services field from an accredited college substitutes for one year of experience.
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at email@example.com