REHAB LIAISON (RN) – Rehab
The Rehabilitation Liaison is responsible for identifying patients who meet program criteria and will benefit from program services and facilitates effective care transitions to the rehabilitation setting.
- The liaison travels extensively within the service area to collaborate with referring organizations and to identify potential patients as early as possible so that timely care can be facilitated.
- Screens clients through onsite and/or telephonic assessments and record review in collaboration with physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers, case managers and other team members involved in the patient’s care.
- Determines medical stability, readiness for program participation, and ensures that services recommended are appropriate, reasonable, and necessary. This is done in collaboration with the physical medicine and rehabilitation physician.
- Facilitates benefit eligibility and precertification by payors prior to the rehabilitation admission.
- Coordinates a smooth transition from the referring facility or site to the rehabilitation setting.
- Recommends appropriate level of care and services for clients who are denied admission and provides guidance for patients who may benefit from rehabilitation admission in the future.
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical experience; experience in the rehabilitation of chronically or catastrophically ill or injured individuals.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred).
Licensure / Certifications:
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California.
- Current BLS for healthcare providers. CRRN preferred.
- If not certified, at time of employment, certification must be obtained within completion of 2 years as a rehab RN.
- CPI is required within 30 days of hire.
Rehabilitation (Rehab) Liaison also known as Intake Coordinator, Rehab Intake Liaison, Rehab coordinator, Clinical Liaison, or Clinical Lab Liaison.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you please reach out to:
Hoss Melton, Recruiter
McCall & Lee Healthcare
Main 512-795-2000 x 80 West Coast Office 323-515-8299 Mobile 805-205-4699