The purpose of this role is to lead a team responsible for understanding the R&D regulatory environment and proactively address rising issues affecting our industry and company. This role also oversees the software and IT systems being put in place to maintain the integrity of engineering test data used to develop certified ratings, selection software and technical documentation. The team will consist of engineers and analysts.
Essential Functions: To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click here to apply online
- Deep understanding of the regulatory processes for appropriate code agencies. Be an active member/leader in appropriate industry committees, taskforces and working groups.
- Provide direct supervision over engineers and analysts with skills in code compliance, Company proprietary software and technical documentation. Provide performance feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to understand industry test standards and understand the impact on Company’s products.
- Collaboration with engineering and research teams with the development of engineering tool such as simulation programs used for product design and regulatory rating metrics.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and internal customers to communicate impact of regulation and code changes to support strategic planning and identify innovation opportunities.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Company’s and competitive products and keep abreast of industry activities and product and technology trends.
- Understanding of working in a laboratory environment and managing data.
- Ability to design, develop and lead business processes and documentation.
- Familiarity with IT systems and basic understanding of software development and management.
- Establish and maintain project schedules and key management reports.
- Help design engineers and product managers understand applicable domestic and international safety and regulatory standards related to their products.