Energy Regulatory Associate
Our client, a well-renowned energy regulatory law firm in Portland, Oregon, is looking for an experienced associate to join their team. This is an opportunity to take on a leadership role with an engaging caseload on behalf of the state’s largest utility clients.
Why work here?
- Join the preeminent energy regulatory law firm in the State of Oregon
- Contribute to leading-edge energy policy issues before states’ regulatory bodies
- Opportunity to grow and advance with a top firm
- Quality of life for associates is a priority
- The firm is recognized as a certified Women-owned Business Enterprise
- Enjoy the beauty and nature of the Pacific Northwest and the vibrant city of Portland
What you’ll do:
- Handle all aspects of energy regulatory work including drafting applications, briefs, testimony
- Appear with clients and partners before state regulatory agencies
- Manage complex energy regulatory policy matters on behalf of clients
- Handle all facets of rate case, PURPA, line-siting, gas LDC utility project development matters
- Assist in client energy environmental issues
- Support some telecommunications regulatory proceedings
What you will need:
- JD from accredited law school
- Licensed in State of Oregon, or ability to obtain Oregon license
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in state regulatory practice
- Excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience in energy environmental issues a plus
If you are interested in learning more, please schedule a time to call using the link below.