Four Available Departments:
1) CVICU- Nights
2) ICU- Nights
3) Med Surg- Days/Nights
4) Ortho- Days/Nights
Essential Core Functions
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
Under general supervision, the RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures. In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The critical care department RN manages of adolescent, adult, geriatric critical care patients in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote an ICU environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing. Graduate Nurses or Registered Nurse with little or no Critical Care experience must complete the Critical Care Internship program and associated competencies.
- Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- BLS Certification
- ACLS (Transfers/New Hires have six (6) months from employment to obtain ACLS certification)
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire.
- One year recent experience in ICU required
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.