Direct Hire Full-time opportunity in Kaneohe, Hawaii. Please let me know if you are interested in an opportunity of this caliber!?
Scheduling Interviews now!
**This is not a contract position**
Collaborate with other Charge Nurses to coordinate all care for assigned residents.
- Administer medications as ordered by the physician and according to policy and procedures.
- Takes verbal/telephone orders from physicians and transcribes orders to new medication administration record, the pre-printed physician order sheet, resident chart, treatment/care plans as appropriate. Follows-up on physician orders.
- Order required medications/treatments from the pharmacy / other supplier. Accepts medication / treatment delivery from the pharmacy. Follows up with pharmacy for any medications not delivered within a 24-hour period.
- Administer treatments as ordered by the physician and according to policy and procedures. Ensures accuracy and completion of TAR.
- Conduct accurate physical assessments of residents, determines their needs and implements appropriate interventions to meet those needs
- Appraise the family, physician and others of changes/incidents. Completes incident reports on shift of occurrence.
- Keep Resident Care Manager, House Supervisor, and D.O.N. appraised of issues.
- Document changes in the residents’ status in the progress notes and alert charting as necessary.
- Take action to ensure appropriate intervention and follow-up with physician, family, and other staff. Communicates status and needs to oncoming shift.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience in geriatrics and current nursing standards of practice preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviation required.
- Must possess supervisory skills; Possess strong skills in clinical assessment.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Hawaii required.
- CPR and First Aide required.
To learn more, please contact Christopher at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890.