Registered Nurse RN Operating Room OR
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Registered Nurse RN Operating Room OR for a great opportunity in the Southern, KY area. The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital in the Orthopedics department and 1+ years of experience working in an Operating Room.
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse RN Operating Room OR
- The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act
- The RN OR Staff Nurse performs the primary function of assessing, planning, and evaluating the perioperative care of all assigned patients
- The PeriOperative nurse is knowledgeable about aseptic technique, patient safety, legal aspects of nursing and the management of nursing activities associated with the specific surgical procedures being performed, identifies cultural differences and incorporates into patient care
- Utilizes translation services when indicated
- The RN promotes teamwork with surgery personnel, surgeons, anesthesia department personnel and personnel from other departments, Cares for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1 – 17 years) Adults (18 – 79 years) Elderly (80+ years).
Requirements of the Registered Nurse RN Operating Room OR
- Current licensure with the Kentucky State Board of Nursing
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- ACLS Certification required within 6 months in the department (New Graduates within 12 months of hire)
- PALS Certification required within 6 months in the department (New Graduates within 12 months of hire)
- TNCC preferred
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- New employees have up to 6 months from date of hire to obtain ACLS & PALS
- Employees transferring from a position that did not require ACLS & PALS have up to 6 months from the date of transfer to obtain ACLS & PALS.
- New RN graduates have up to 12 months from date of hire or transfer to RNA/RN position to obtain ACLS &PALS
- 3+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital
- 1+ years of experience working in an Operating Room