Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR)
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Operating Room Nurse for a great opportunity in the Central GA area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 1 year of current experience working in an Operating Room.
Requirements of the Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR)
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN strongly preferred
- Current and Valid RN license in the State of GA
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) required
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 1 year of current experience working in Operating Room
- BLS Required
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR)
- Assist physicians and medical staff in caring for surgical patients
- Provide pre- and post-surgery care and education to the patient.
- Work within the operating suite but outside of the sterile field
- Handle and prepare operating instruments and equipment within the sterile field.
- Surgery responsibilities may include preparing instruments for specific surgical procedures, monitoring and observing the patient during surgery, and responding to potential complications alongside the physician
- Handle any special need in the Surgical Services, Operating Room and Perioperative Services area
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care