Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR) (Cardiovascular)
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Operating Room Nurse for a great opportunity in the Northeastern IL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 2 year of current experience working in an Operating Room.
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR) (Cardiovascular)
- Assist physicians and medical staff in caring for surgical patients
- Provide pre- and post-surgery care and education to the patient.
- Work within the operating suite but outside of the sterile field
- Handle and prepare operating instruments and equipment within the sterile field.
- Surgery responsibilities may include preparing instruments for specific surgical procedures, monitoring and observing the patient during surgery, and responding to potential complications alongside the physician
- Handle any special need in the Surgical Services, Operating Room and Perioperative Services area
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
Requirements of the Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR) (Cardiovascular)
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN strongly preferred
- Current and Valid RN license in the state of Illinois
- 5 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 2 year of current experience working in Operating Room
- AHA Basic Life Support for Health Care Workers (CPR) required
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required