Registered Nurse (RN) Manager of Pediatrics - Congenital Heart Surgery Unit (CHSU)
The Nurse Manager manages a large unit or multiple units providing ambulatory services. The Pediatrics Nurse Manager ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. The Manager for CHSU accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values and facility goals. The manager is an RN and accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Advance degree, preferred.
- Current RN license required.
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience in management/leadership roles required.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
- BLS certification required.
- PALS required.
- Accept responsibility for patient safety of the Cardiovascular ICU clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Build on the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice
- Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high quality age & developmental specific care for the neonate up to 18 years of age.
- Create CHSU Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Accept responsibility for management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
- Serve as liaison for hospital, community and other institutions.
- Organize / Supervise human and material resources.