Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) (Cardiovascular)
Currently looking for a patient centered Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse (RN) in the Charleston, SC area. The ideal candidate will possess at least 1-2 years experience in an acute care hospital and 1-2 years of experience in an Critical Care Unit.
Requirements of the Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) (Cardiovascular)
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing.
- RN license required in the state of South Carolina
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be completed within 90 days of hire
- ACLS and BLS required
- 1 - 2 years of acute care nursing
- 1 - 2 years of Critical Care Unit experience
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) (Cardiovascular)
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
- Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
- Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Promote an ICU environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.