Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)
Currently looking for a patient centered Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) Registered Nurse (RN) in the Dallas, TX area. The ideal candidate will possess at least 1-2 years experience in an acute care hospital and 1-2 years of experience in a Critical Care unit.
Requirements of the Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU RN)
- Associates degree required BSN preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- RN license required
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider
- ACLS required up7on hire. RN interns must complete ACLS within six months of hire
- CCRN preffered
- 1 - 2 years of acute care nursing
- 1 - 2 years of Intensive Care Unit experience
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU RN)
- Responsible for the coordination of competent, evidence-based care, including assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, and implementation.
- Participates in decision-making, teaching, mentoring, and collaboration with the team to advance patient care and achieve outcomes.
- Perform other duties assigned
- Provides general nursing care to patients in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatments and examinations of patients
- Observes patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patients condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition to patient