Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology (Pharmacy)
Chicago Heights, IL
Currently seeking, talented and dedicated Chicago Heights, IL based Oncology Pharmacy Nurse for an acute care hospital. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of current experience working in acute care hospital and 1-2 year of experience working in an Oncology and an additional year of oncology pharmacy residency.
Requirements of the Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology (Pharmacy)
- Must hold a Illinois Pharmacist Licensure
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) or on post graduate year two of your residency in oncology pharmacy required
- Education Requirements: Pharm D
- 5 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 1-2 years of experience working in an Oncology role
- 1 year of Oncology Pharmacy residency
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology (Pharmacy)
- Optimizes patient care outcomes by actively reviewing patient medication regimens for clinical effectiveness, drug selection, dosing, contraindications, side effects, and potential drug interactions
- Provides appropriate monitoring for laboratories and therapeutic outcomes per best, up-to-date clinical guidelines, and/or primary literature
- Participates in the drug therapy management of medical emergencies, hypersensitivities and infusion reactions.
- Provides drug information to health care professionals and to patients
- Provide expert advice, at a specialist level, on pharmaceutical matters in oncology to patients, staff, and physicians.