Registered Nurse (RN) - Phoenix AZ
New Grads Welcome
Multiple Shifts Available
Our RNs respond to medical needs, provide necessary continuity of care services for patients with chronic care conditions, and provide appropriate health care services that emerge during patients' stay in the facility. They provide professional nursing and health related services to patients in collaboration with the Health Team, while maintaining a safe and secure environment, following all security/safety regulations.
- Provides assessments and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Monitors patients' progress as appropriate and evaluates outcomes.
- Completes and processes all required documentation including plans and discharge planning in a comprehensive, objective and legible manner.
- Performs standard nursing procedures appropriate to patient needs.
- Administers medication and addresses other pharmacological needs as protocol dictates and performs basic intravenous and phlebotomy skills as required.
- Completes and processes all required documentation in a comprehensive, objective and legible manner.
- Participates in orientation and training of new employees, contract staff, students and others needed. Participates in meeting and special projects as requested.
- Functions as unit charge nurse as required. Identifies and fulfills educational needs to enhance nursing skills.
- Completes required classes and education credits. Maintains current BLS (CPR) certification.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement process.
- Organizes and maintains a clean, work environment in accordance with infection control standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.New Grads Welcome.
- Valid, unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing (or issued by another state recognized by the Arizona Board of Nursing as a multi-compact license state) with no current, pending, or prior disciplinary action on nursing license.
- Compact licenses will be accepted for the interview process. A valid Arizona nursing license is required upon hire.
- BLS/CPR/First Aid certification training is provided during new hire orientation.
- Must successfully complete a required fingerprint/background checks
- Demonstrates ability to preserve and protect Patient rights and confidentiality at all times.
- Must be able to respond to a man down (emergency situation, must maintain current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate, and perform CPR.
- Must be able to get on the floor and perform CPR chest compressions.
- Must be able to walk up to 7 miles in a 12 hours shift.
- Use multilingual capabilities for accurate oral translation and communication to ensure continuity of care; Use "language line" translation service to ensure continuity of care.
Preferred education and/or experience:
- New Graduates Welcome
- Two (2) or more years' experience as a Registered Nurse in Medical/Surgical, ER/ED or Urgent Care in a Psychiatric setting.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish).
For more information, contact Nick Mazur at 602 788-5890 or Nick@apnusa.com
To see more opportunities, go to www.apnusa.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.